Tuesday, March 9, 2010

southern hospitality

Savannah, Georgia. My new city love and the cutest little historic southern town you've ever seen. 

here are some little bits of inspiration I picked up on my weekend trip there with Mom.

1. bodies of water and all things associated with them

2. cute bed and breakfasts

3. brick red


4. southern history

5. all things girl scout 
(how amazing are the old uniforms?)

6. antiques

7. the combo of brights and pastels that comes with a sunset on the beach

8. southern cooking courtesy of paula deen



9. the prettiest cathedral i've ever seen in the U.S.



10. "haint" blue, the color of Savannnah

11.  the best vintage stores i've ever been in, including civvies.


now excuse me while I go dream i'm some southern belle scarlett o'hara wannabe, but dancing on the beach somewhere dressed in my new sixties vintage blouses instead of bonnets and prissy dresses, or running along cobblestone paths with my new amazing boots on.
or something like that.
goodness i love the south. and spring break. 



(photos of savannah by me)

1 comment:

  1. You have such a lovely blog! These photos are gorgeous especially of that cathedral.

    ReplyDelete